ACJ Search are actively looking for a Managing Director to join a SME Manufacturing business based in South West England. This is a fantastic opportunity to drive significant growth in an already successful organisation as well as setting and implementing the long term strategy of the organisation.
Specific challenges in the role include:
- Setting long term strategy and taking ownership for driving this.
- Working with the with the Financial Controller on a regular basis to review the company’s financial performance, set budgets and create forecasts.
- Working closely with the Sales Director and sales team on sales strategy, analysing new opportunities and markets for growth, winning new business and servicing strategically important accounts.
- Speaking at events and exhibitions on behalf of the company.
- Working with the Operations Director to find opportunities to increase efficiencies and speed up processes across the business.
- Setting company-wide KPI’s to gauge company performance in all areas.
- Creating and implementing a hiring plan to support the company’s requirements and to aid growth.
We are looking for people either currently in an MD position or in a leadership role and ready to take the next step in their career. Key requirements of the position include:
- A demonstrable track record of successfully leading similar a sized manufacturing business.
- Target driven and results focused individual with proven commercial acumen.
- A Natural, Hands on, involved leader and motivator of people.
- Highly IT literate with an ability to modernise the business.
- Relevant industry experience and knowledge of the target market.
- Confident, goal orientated and ambitious.
- Outgoing, optimistic and people orientated.
- Restless with a strong sense of urgency and an ability to drive.
- Strong Minded, persistent and determined.
This is an urgent position and interviews will be taking place immediately.